If you are in the market to buy or sell a home on the Treausre Coast, and you will take out a mortgage for the purchased property, you'll want to know the ins and outs of homeowner's insurance. Call us today if you need a quick quote, and we can provide some great industry professionals that will get you one in hours, if not minutes, for your home on the Treasure Coast. If you are renting a home, you won't need homeowner's insurance, but renter's insurance is another option you may want to discuss with your insurance agent.

What Does Homeowner's Insurance Cover?

Property damage, personal property loss, personal liability, and added living costs are all covered. Unless otherwise noted in your coverage, or unless you have separate coverage, earthquakes, mold, floods, sinkholes, and pools, are all not typically covered.

How Much Insurance Do I Need?

You'll need to calculate how much you would need to cover the included items above, should anything unfortunate occur, but this is something you can always go over with your insurance agent. You may want to let them know if you've got expensive items such as antiques, rare collections, jewelry, etc., so they are aware ahead of time.

How Much Does Insurance Cost?

One rule of thumb is that insurance cost around $35/month for each $100,000 of home value. That said, insurance rates fluctuate substantially depending on location (crime, hurricanes, fires, etc?), credit score, age of the home, replacement cost of the home, and your age. The best way to decrease your payment is to bundle services and raise your deductible.

Who Can I Contact for Affordable, Trustworthy Insurance Quotes?

If you have a home on the Treasure Coast, or you are searching for homes for sale on the Treasure Coast and need insurance, call us today to get linked up with an insurance professional. The insurance agents I have worked with are valuable resources that provide more information and can answer deeper questions that aren't answered here.

How Do I Set Up My Insurance Policy?

After you have done your home inspection, you will have all of the documentation you will need to provide to your insurance agent. From there, they will speak with your lender to "bind" your policy, meaning they will provide confirmation that they will cover the property with the quote that they provide you.

As always, I hope this article provided some value to anyone thinking about insurance on their home. We truly put a lot of time and effort into curating valuable content, so if you have any suggestions, thoughts, or comments, give us a call - we'd love to hear them.